Georgia State Championships – Master 50+
Endurance Omnium :
Place: 4 Event: 20 Lap Scratch Pts: 3
Place: 5 Event: 1.5 Lap TT Pts: 2 Time: 41.637
Place: 3 Event: 6 Lap IP Pts: 5 Time: 2:47.133
Place: 4 Event: Omnium Total Pts: 10
Sprint Omnium :
Place: 6 Event: Sprint Pts: 1 Event: 200 Time: 13.96
Place: 5 Event: Keirin Pts: 2
Place: 5 Event: Omnium Total Pts: 5
Team Events :
Place: 1 Event: Masters Team Sprint Pts: 3
- I lowered my 200 meter time by .32 seconds from last month. I was 1/10th of a second from qualifying for the sprint tournament.
- I was a second slower in the 500 meter and 1/2 second slower in 2K from last month. I didn’t feel warmed up for the 500 meter and wasn’t fully recovered for either event after racing Friday night. I worked harder than necessary in the scratch race Friday night. It cost me 3rd place and 2 points.
- I drew last position in the keirin start. Next time I have to move up before the motorcycle pulls off.
- The final race (25 lap points race) was rained out Saturday night. I had planned to race more strategically because a podium spot was on the line. I was confident I could move up to third place just being more conservative.
- I was the oldest rider in the 50+ category by 3 years. Next season I will be racing 60+. I am still building a base and plan to be in much better condition going into next season.