SATURDAY- 5 AM
CYCLING (indoor trainer; 1 hour, 6 mins)
Secondary recovery. Leg speed efforts. Keep the gearing low. Aiming to hit a peak cadence while staying steady.
- Warm up 15 min @ 3 RPE 60-100 rpm
- 15.0 sec @ 6 RPE 135-200 rpm Ramp up to and hold 135 rpm+ for 15 seconds. Try and increase while staying steady. In a small gear.
- Recovery 10 min @ 6 RPE
- Repeat 15.0 sec and 10 min intervals for 4 total
- Cool Down 10 min @ 3 RPE
SATURDAY – 1030 AM
Body Fat Percentage: 13.1%
Lean Body Weight: 149.3
Fat Weight: 22.5
April 23, 2019
Body Fat Percentage: 15%
Lean Body Weight: 148.7
Fat Weight: 26.3
Almost 4 lbs of fat loss in two months. Lean weight is almost the same despite my effort to gain lean mass. I have a few possible variables to consider as I continue to pursue 9-10% body fat.
- Insufficient recovery from high frequency resistance training
- Insufficient protein intake
- High volume cardio work
If I continue my current program I will likely continue losing fat but at a slow rate. Ideally I want to add lean mass and maintain a body weight of 170 lbs. Additional muscle makes it easier to drop fat. I can’t add to my frequency of resistance training but I can increase protein and recovery. I can also reduce frequency of resistance training and increase the intensity.