- Optimize lean mass / 10% body fat by Summer
- Cycling with emphasis on velodrome competition, some road events
- Build aerobic base with 3-5 hour rides
- Mental strategy: patience
- Physical strategy: intervals of various durations, various sprints, hill sprints, lean body composition; weights, plyometrics
500 meters – < 40 secs (28.67 mph) by mid September
2K < 2:50 (26.2 mph) by mid September Completed June 11th
200 meters < 13.5 secs (33.13 mph) by mid September DID NOT ACHIEVE (This season best was 13.9 Didn’t get an opportunity in September.)
- Increase power for all events
- 200 m – cross start line at higher speed and cadence, build power
- 500 m & 2 k – improve start, acceleration, adapt to larger gear between April & September
Complete 4 day Spring “camp” (50+ miles per day) DONE 4/2/19 Race State Track Championships – June DONE finished 4th Race 2019 Velo Cup – DONE – finished 4th out of 10.
Complete a century ride (NOT CONSISTENT WITH RACE GOALS)
- A Century ride was not consistent with my track training and racing.
- I’ve also prioritized race performance over body composition. I’m hovering between 12.5 – 13.5 which is a big improvement over last year. To get to 10% fat I would just need to emphasize more lifting and less eating and riding.
- Getting under 40 seconds for 500 meters and under 14 for 200 was harder than I expected. I’ve improved considerably in power and endurance. My top speed has also improved but not at the same rate. I’m still learning the approach on the track and how to control the bike in the turns.