- Optimize lean mass / 10% body fat by Summer
- Cycling with emphasis on velodrome competition, some road events
- Build aerobic base with 3-5 hour rides
- Mental strategy: patience
- Physical strategy: intervals of various durations, various sprints, hill sprints, lean body composition; weights, plyometrics
500 meters – < 40 secs (28.67 mph) by mid September
2K < 2:50 (26.2 mph) by mid September Completed June 11th
200 meters < 13.5 secs (33.13 mph) by mid September
- Increase power for all events
- 200 m – cross start line at higher speed and cadence, build power
- 500 m & 2 k – improve start, acceleration, adapt to larger gear between April & September
Complete 4 day Spring “camp” (50+ miles per day) DONE 4/2/19 Race State Track Championships – June DONE finished 4th Race 2019 Velo Cup – DONE – finished 4th out of 10.
Complete a century ride (tentative July)
- A Century ride was not consistent with my track training and racing.
- I’ve also prioritized race performance over body composition. I’m hovering between 12.5 – 13.5 which is a big improvement over last year. To get to 10% fat I would just need to emphasize more lifting and less riding.
- Getting under 40 seconds for 500 meters and under 14 for 200 is much harder than I expected. I’ve improved considerably in power and endurance. My top speed has also improved but not at the same rate. I have another couple opportunities this month.